This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ANALYST II – COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Position Title: Analyst II, Compensation and Benefits
Dept/Location: Human Resources / HQ-Baltimore
Job Band: D
Reports To: Director of Total Rewards
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Compensation/Benefits Analyst assists with the implementation and administration of the organization’s domestic and international salary & benefits program.
• Researching, gathering, and analyzing data to find out appropriate salary level and job title for aimed new positions.
• Assisting in the execution and administration and providing analytical support to for a variety of compensation policies and programs.
• Developing appropriate job descriptions and maintaining a website for accessing compensation information and job descriptions.
• Conducting salary surveys and participating in them, interpreting salary data, performing analysis.
• Assisting 50 country programs with analysis tools and consultant communication for local pay surveys.
• Re-evaluating current job positions, promotions, and compensation proposals for prospective employees, etc.
• Evaluating proposed and existing jobs and classifying them in accordant with the levels of importance and responsibility to the employer.
• Managing job documentation, job descriptions, databases and tables related to job codes, and job families.
• Developing benefit structures and competitive salary to attract job applicants who can offer a long-run commitment.
• Preparing statistical analysis, data modeling, incentive pay programs, and costing of base.
• Providing support to HR department concerning interpretation of compensation practices and guidelines.
• Providing guidance on issues related to compensation for management
• Preparing supporting data for the review of annual salary budget.
• Assist with annual merit increase programs.
• Work with Finance to determine financial impact of compensation plans and programs.
• Assist with the development and delivery of communications on CRS’ salary structure and compensation for CRS Managers and employees, including guidelines, on-line webinars, workshops, trainings and other communication vehicles as appropriate.
• Ensure high quality processing and reporting of compensation information.
• Handles daily administrative work involving benefits, workers compensation, wellness programs and vendor systems.
• Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff.
• Analyze the current benefits, evaluating the usage, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefits programs and identify the agency’s stance.
• Perform plan audits.
• Prepare, collect, and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
• Review both short and long range cost estimates/ projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefit programs and implementation of new programs.
• Survey industry trends. Complete benefit surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefit information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefit designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Develops Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of HR principles and practices.
• Able to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
• Ability to use software and hardware effectively, including MS Office, Visio, and Access.
• High-level proficiency in Excel.
• Excellent time management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: HR Directors and Managers, HQ and Overseas Managers, Employees
External: Compensation Specialists within International NGOs professional groups. Vendors
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• CEBs or CCP/GRP designation preferred.
• Five years of compensation/benefits experience: job evaluation; data acquisition and analysis; salary survey completion and analysis; job description writing; and policy interpretation.
• Working knowledge of statistical methods, data analysis and presentation, and creative problem solving.
Internal applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within first 5 days of posting
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of their application
To apply, please visit: https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CRS/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1654&CurrentPage=1