This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADVANCEMENT SERVICES MANAGER
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Cardinal O’Hara High School (Springfield, PA)
Cardinal O’Hara High School
Position Description: Advancement Services Manager
Basic function and scope of the position:
The Advancement Services Manager is responsible for database management, advancement reporting, prospect management, gift recording, data integrity and data security.
The Advancement Services Manager develops and implements data and gift-entry procedures, produces reports and mailing lists for departmental and school-wide use and provides database training.
This position reports to and receives administrative direction from the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports fund-raising initiatives.
• Oversees overall management of The Raiser’s Edge Software including data entry, data output and training.
• Develop procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database information.
• Processes new or updated information into the database as needed.
• Manages and supervise data and gift-entry processes.
• Continuously improves the quality of alumni and donor data.
• Documents and regularly updates procedures manual.
• Advises on proper procedures ensuring accurate recording of gifts.
• Develops, reviews, interprets and advises staff of office policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
• Identifies, develops, implements and maintains database policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities.
• Produces targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc., for Advancement staff and for other constituents school-wide.
• Extracts information from alumni/fund-raising database to meet reporting and research needs of the Director of Institutional Advancement and other Advancement staff; produce alumni and donor activity reports; answer surveys; manage subscriptions.
• Develops, implements, and manages the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with strong emphasis on major gifts prospect management.
• Ensures all advancement staff members and President have efficient, effective tracking systems to support their cultivation and solicitations.
• Provides full services support for comprehensive campaign including tracking next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
• Searches for lost alumni. Investigates financial/biographical status of individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Develops donor prospect lists and analyze current donor prospect lists for cultivation and solicitation.
• Interfaces with school accountant regarding gift entry, gift posting, fund creation, gift restrictions and audit reporting.
• Participates with other advancement staff members in department-wide events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Advanced computer skills with MS Office (Word, and Excel).
• Excellent skills with Raiser’s Edge database program.
• Ability to work with a variety of peers and supervisors.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office, ability to maintain composure under pressure.
• Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
• Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Proficiency in communicating effectively, including an ability to write and speak clearly.
• Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice.
• An understanding of the development process: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions and office management experience.
Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirements, electronically, to Mr. Thomas S. Fertal, President, Cardinal O’Hara High School, at [email protected], by Wednesday, August 20th, 2014.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. (82)
Incoming search terms:
- cardinal ohara high school