This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADVANCEMENT MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Lancaster Catholic High School (Lancaster, PA)
The Advancement Major Gifts Officer is an integral part of the overall team that is charged with advancing the mission of Lancaster Catholic High School. The Major Gifts Officer will identify, qualify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support of the work of Lancaster Catholic High School.
The Office of Advancement is directly responsible for the following areas:
o Communications/Public Relations
o Constituent Relations
o Volunteer Management
o Strategic Planning
o Prospect Research
o Enrollment& Admissions Marketing
o Special Events
o Annual Giving
o Major Gifts
o Capital Campaigns and Planned Giving
In this newly created position, the Major Gifts Officer reports to the
Director of Advancement and works collaboratively and strategically with the Principal, other advancement team members, faculty and other school administration to achieve the following objectives:
• Act as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio donors and prospects located across the country who have the capacity to give greater than $5,000 annually.
• Oversee the entire donor engagement process (for all donors in your portfolio), from the identification/qualification phase to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship phases, while reporting and tracking progress.
• Personally solicit assigned donor portfolio, including preparation of personalized materials when needed.
• Strengthen existing relationships with funders, ensuring they are appropriately engaged and invested in the mission of Lancaster Catholic.
• Meet annually established goals for your portfolio.
• Develop meaningful recognition for each closed major gift that strengthens relations and brings appropriate desired visibility to individual donors, while leveraging overarching stewardship opportunities as available.
• Track and report relationship management activity using Raisers Edge, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors.
• Participate in regular development staff and organization-wide meetings and be able to present quarterly updates on your portfolio of donors.
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures relating to the major gifts program; and, marketing materials for the major gift effort.
• Promote a culture of high-performance and continuous improvement that values learning and collaboration.
In addition, the Major Gifts Officer will assist with both revenue and non-revenue events and projects of the Office of Advancement, as well as other tasks as assigned.
• Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six-figure range.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred, 3-5 years of major gift experience desired.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and Lancaster Catholic schools in Lancaster County
• Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting Catholic education by developing excellent relationships with faculty, academic leaders, volunteers, Advancement Teams and secondary education leaders
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
• Successful experience in establishing new programs and/or services.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Understands and able to articulate mission of Catholic in Lancaster County.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Presentation Software and Raiser’s Edge (or comparable fundraising software).
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package including a comprehensive healthcare program and a 401k plan. (77)
Incoming search terms:
- lancaster catholic high school lancaster pa