This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
Independence Mission Schools (Wayne, PA)
ADVANCEMENT DIRECTOR – PHILADELPHIA
A full time Advancement Director is responsible for the overall planning, management, coordination, and evaluation of the enrollment management, development, communications and constituent/public relations programs of the individual school – activities that create a supportive climate for enrollment and fundraising. This is all in an effort to provide sufficient resources to insure the School can achieve its mission.
Governance and Strategic Planning
• Promote understanding, acceptance and support of the vision and mission statements, and objectives of the school
• Set priorities to meet annual goals
• Work closely with the advancement committee of the board to set and achieve goals and
• Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the marketing, recruitment and retention of students. This includes but is not limited to open houses, campus visits and tours, re- registration, brochure creation, etc.
• Working closely with key volunteers, coordinate the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students in sufficient numbers to support the programs of the school.
• Plan, collect data, make projections and report enrollment management data. Development
• Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of all fundraising and friend raising initiatives.
• Plan, manage, and implement annual giving, major gifts, and events. This includes, but is not limited to: prospect identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, gift processing, acknowledgments and stewardship.
• Educate and engage key volunteers (i.e. Parents Association) in implementing mission based fundraising.
• Works to create and support a culture of philanthropy within the school.
•Responsible for setting and maintaining professional writing and design standards for school communications. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Print publications including school newsletter/magazine, marketing materials, giving program brochures, and direct mail pieces
o Electronic communications including website and email
o Media relations including advertising and press releases in local newspapers, local media
coverage of school events.
•Identify, recruit, and engage volunteers including: prospects, parents, alumni, grandparents, clergy students, faculty and administrative staff, etc.
•Volunteer planning and management
•Work closely with the school board, staff and volunteers to assist them in their activities
•Database planning: data acquisition and management
•Database management: oversee the management of databases as it relates to enrollment
management and development, especially the updating and maintaining of the alumni database
•General office processes and procedures
•Experience in enrollment management, development, sales, marketing, communication, and/or volunteer management.
• Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic elementary education
•Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals
•Ability to build a team, effectively recruiting and managing volunteers
• Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to
interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees, school
administration, the media and alumni
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and the Internet.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND SALARY RANGE. NO RECRUITERS!
[email protected] (105)