This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (SG6)
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: February 25, 2014
Position Available: Admissions Counselor – SG6
Position Reports to: Director of Admissions
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., evenings and weekends
Primary purpose for this position is to recruit and enroll a specific number of new students every fall and spring from a designated territory.
1. Manage a recruitment territory
2. Achieve recruitment goals
3. Monitor progress of applicants through the application process
4. Recruit and admit freshmen and transfers
5. Maintain correspondence with prospective students through phone and email
6. Interview prospective students and their parents
7. Help build and reinforce the University’s image to the public
8. Coordinate recruitment efforts with guidance counselors, youth ministers, etc.
9. Represent FUS at summer high school youth conferences and other events through the year
10. Use the predictive model to identify and recruit “most likely to enroll”
11. Build and maintain relationships with their staff as well as faculty and administration.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
Technical Skills: Knowledge, experience and competency in use of computers.
Non-Technical Skills: Action orientated; customer/service focus; drive for results; interpersonal skills; managing and measuring work; motivating; planning, quality of work; team work; verbal communication; written communication.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with two-three years of professional work experience desired
• Customer service experience (helpful)
• Telemarketing experience (helpful)
• Willingness and ability to make a three-year commitment to the Admissions Department at Franciscan University
• Travel to designated high school youth conferences during the summer
• Travel to identified (by Director) geographic areas within recruitment territory
• Work a minimum of one night per week
• Work nights and weekends for specific events (Orientation, FMSSC, University Days)
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (63)