This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR – CONTINUING AND CAREER EDUCATION
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Assists in the recruitment and selection of continuing education students in accordance with the mission of the College.
1. Responsible for lead generating, inquiry follow up, and cultivation of students from inquiry to accepted student status.
2. Evaluates the qualifications of prospective students and makes admissions recommendations, which are in the best interest of the student and the College.
3. Represents the College at conventions, transfer fairs, fairs and company visits, etc. in an effort to promote CCE @ Assumption and encourages prospective students to apply for admission here.
4. Conducts personal interviews with prospective students in order to familiarize them with the College’s programs and policies, and to assess their interest and goals.
5. Makes presentations promoting the College to various groups of students, open houses, and transfer events.
6. Assesses students’ requests for financial aid and guides the student through the initial financial aid process and then follow up.
7. Maintains contacts with the student, academic advisor, and financial aid office to ensure all needs are met.
8. Assists with planning and implementation of on-campus events for prospective students and families.
9. Follow up with prospective students, applicants and admitted students; collecting transcripts, registering for classes and encourages class enrollment.
10. Responsible for entering student records in Datatel, updating the system as necessary.
11. Assist in the coordination of marketing activities, direct mailers, list counts, and marketing materials.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* B.A. required.
* Strong verbal and written skills required.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required.
* Strong computer skills required.
* Experience with relational databases and research methodology helpful.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Interacts on a daily basis with prospective and current students, and area Community Colleges.
* Local travel required to local companies and community colleges, some regional travel required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (177)
Incoming search terms:
- colleges of education admission
- ma admission
- www school and mass education