Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
FOCUS (Golden, CO)
The administration specialist position serves FOCUS by welcoming and directing visitors appropriately; notifies personnel of visitor arrival, maintains security and telecommunications systems. This is a support role that assists with our mail opening procedures in the morning and our front desk responsibilities in the afternoon.
• Handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks
• Collect, open, and sort mail at least once a day. Participate in daily mail opening procedures in conjunction with finance department.
• Distribute all mail to appropriate personnel
• Answer and direct all incoming calls to the appropriate people
• Water plants and maintain the overall presence of the office.
• Log and notify supervisor of continual problems within the office that need additional attention.
• Other duties as required (see skills, knowledge and abilities)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic customer service skills
• Ability to communicate verbally over the phone with missionaries and benefactors
• Ability to navigate technology and it’s use within the office and its role in supporting FOCUS’ mission
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.
• Ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes while under high levels of pressure and stress, while remaining responsive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Above average typing skills
• Must be able to follow instructions and work independently as well as with a team.
May require working a flexible schedule. Work performed in an environment with demanding timelines, shifting priorities and constant interruptions in work is routine.
Commensurate with experience (0)