ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, FUNDRAISING
Fundraising, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the daily oversight of the Major Giving Unit’s administrative team’s assignments. The person will support the Stewardship Office to assure accuracy of support staff’s administrative tasks, carry out administrative functions, and play an essential role in managing information flow for the Major Giving Unit.
• Oversee the work of the administrative staff who provide support to the major gift officers and the Director of Stewardship.
• Assist the Stewardship Officer to assure adherence of all operational procedures for the administrative team ensuring compliance with agency policies and industry standards.
• Ensure all major gifts are acknowledged in a prompt and appropriate manner.
• Oversee tracking and reporting on major gifts and production of reports from the donor database.
• Oversee regular and special mailings to major donors as part of the Donor Communications Plan.
• Research and resolve issues related to gift coding, acknowledgments, reports and procedures, project identification and stewardship.
• Oversee the administrative team’s role in preparing Charitable Giving Division and Major Gift Unit meetings, including preparation of background information, logistics and follow-up.
• Provide direct support as requested by MGOs or donors related to receipt and processing of gifts.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented
• Collegial, collaborative management style
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests
• Ability to mentor and coach support staff
• Good decision-making skills, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
• Curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
• Knowledge of basic principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising or an equivalent client-focused environment
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience
• Progressively responsible experience working with administrative functions in a complex environment
• Solid knowledge of computer databases and reports, Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of prospect tracking systems and donor data bases preferred. Pledgemaker experience a plus.
• Proven writing and communication ability
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All candidates must be eligible to work in the US at the time of application.
To apply, use this link http://bit.ly/1g4qbkz or www.crs.org/about/careers Req. #D1773