ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO HUMAN RESOURCES
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Office Human Resources of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Human Resources staff.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Assists and collaborates with the HR Specialist in maintaining the day to day workflow in the Human Resources Office and in providing administrative and secretarial support to the staff. Formats and proofreads documents ensuring a high level of accuracy and professionalism. Assures confidentiality of all employee information, using discretion when working with documents of a sensitive nature. Assumes responsibility of office administration in the absence of the HR Specialist.
2. Serves as an information resource to the public, assuring that all persons contacting the Human Resources Office are responded to efficiently and courteously and are provided with the information they need or are referred to the appropriate party.
3. Assists with the administration of the archdiocesan background check program including entering results into the Safe Environment Training database, running reports as required, responding to routine parish inquiries, and maintaining the background check filing system.
4. Assists with all aspects of the recruiting process including posting new openings, responding to applicant inquiries, entering data in the HRIS, scheduling interviews, and signing and sending regret letters as appropriate. Ensures that recruiting information flows smoothly between Human Resources staff, Chancery supervisors, and applicants.
5. Assists with maintaining Chancery personnel records including preparing, processing and filing paperwork, data entry in the HRIS, and tracking paid leave. Works with the Archives office to properly archive records according to schedule.
6. Serves as back up for the HR Assistant in areas such as processing check requisitions and inter-cost center transactions; filing the quarterly Unemployment Insurance report; coordinating logistics of meetings and/or events; ordering office supplies; scheduling routine maintenance on office equipment; and assisting with special projects as assigned.
7. Provides primary administrative support for the Safe Environment Program. Serves as a resource to parish coordinators and safe environment trainers on the safe environment program, particularly with administration of the safe environment database.
8. Creates security badges for employees and visitors by taking identification photos, setting access permissions in KeyScan, and printing the badges.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Minister.
a. Some college required, BA preferred.
b. At least 3-5 years secretarial/administrative experience
c. Proficient in MS Office tools, particularly Word, Excel and Access
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent communication skills by phone and in person and the ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment.
b. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
c. Ability to maintain high level of discretion and handle details of a confidential nature.
d. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
e. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
f. Excellent writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading skills
g. Knowledge of and/or experience in HRIS, preferred.
h. Bilingual competency, preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Archdiocese of Seattle Human Resources
- administrative assistance jobs in new zealand
- administrative staff
- archdiocese of seaatle year of faith speakers
- human resources administration
- Human Resourcses Administrative Assistant job description