This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO HISPANIC MINISTRY
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Hispanic Ministry Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Administrative Assistant. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Maintains the day-to-day workflow of the Office of Hispanic Ministry (OHM) and provides administrative support to the Director for Hispanic Ministry ensuring that all tasks are accomplished in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL POSTION DUTIES:
1. Serves as the main receptionist for OHM presenting a hospitable image for the office. Receives guests and visitors and refers them to appropriate staff. Assures that all telephone communication is handled in an efficient and courteous manner. This includes taking accurate messages of callers and referring callers, when appropriate.
2. Processes all incoming and outgoing mail. This includes assuring the daily retrieval and distribution of mail and the timely processing of bulk mailings, such as newsletter, flyers, brochures, and other related materials.
3. Provides for the maintenance of accurate financial records by managing cash advance requests, preparing check requests and cash receipts, with special care and maintenance given to the Hispanic Ministry Clearing House Account for Hispanic Ministry.
4. Maintains files for OHM within a comprehensive department filing system.
5. Assures that all written correspondence is completed timely and accurately. Composes, edits, and proofs correspondence in English and Spanish.
6. Under the direction of the Assistant to the Vicar for Hispanic Ministry, provides assistance in translation and revision of documents as well as in the transcription and tabulation of consultations and/or survey results from Spanish into English.
7. Provides office technology support for OHM. This would include cell phones, printers, fax machine, digital camera, etc. Maintains and updates the various database lists and email serve lists: parishes with Hispanic Ministry and Pastoral Leadership Network for Hispanic Ministry. Helps in the maintenance of the webpage for Hispanic Ministry, as directed by the Director for Hispanic Ministry.
8. Provides other administrative tasks which may include tracking and ordering office supply and
stationary; scheduling meetings, procuring meeting sites, preparing agenda and supporting materials,
and food; coordinating travel and lodging; providing support for special ministry meetings as well as for the Pastoral Leadership Network for Hispanic Ministry.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
a. Demonstrated experience as an administrative assistant
b. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
3. Other Elements:
a. Ability to work independently as well as in a team
b. Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
c. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
d. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
e. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
f. Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
g. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
h. Ability to maintain confidentiality
i. Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and be able to travel throughout the Archdiocese
j. Knowledge of and familiarity with the Catholic Church in Western Washington preferred
k. Bilingual (English-Spanish) competency required
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (71)