This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO CFO
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Administration & Finance Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant to CFO. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Provides administrative, logistical, and technical support to the Chief Financial Officer of the Archdiocese of Seattle.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Provides administrative and logistical support to the Chief Financial Officer. Manages the CFO’s calendar ensuring appropriate response in managing calendar changes, schedules staff meetings, answers telephones, ensures all written materials from and to the office are processed accurately and in a timely manner, establishes and maintains a filing system, processes incoming and outgoing mail, and other duties as required.
2. Assures that all necessary administrative and logistical work for the Archdiocesan Finance Council and subcommittee meetings are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Works closely with the CFO setting up agendas, scheduling and arranging meetings, recording meeting summaries, finalizing the summaries and distributing same to members. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
3. Assists the CFO in managing the office’s operating budget and in maintaining the financial record keeping system for the office. Develops spreadsheets for budget projections and analysis. Prepares check requisitions, oversees expenditures, monitors budget printouts, maintains petty cash fund, may track specific budgets as directed by CFO, and assists in preparing the office budget.
4. Assures that the office maintains good public relations with all the different constituencies. Maintains knowledge of the CFO’s projects, activities, responsibilities to respond to the many issues, concerns, questions that may be brought up by the constituents. May provide information, follow through on requests, and/or explain/clarify some issues to them.
5. Performs calculations and analyses for specific financial projects as directed by the CFO. Prepares recurring analyses for distribution to the Archdiocesan Finance Council and others.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church.
a. BA preferred.
a. 5 to 7 years administrative experience working with a high level financial executive.
b. Proficiency with the Microsoft tools with particular emphasis on Excel.
c. Demonstrated successful experience managing/coordinating multiple logistical/technical related projects.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent administrative and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to track details and to work effectively under pressure.
b. Excellent verbal communications skills.
c. Excellent written communications skills including editing and proofreading.
d. Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills.
e. Ability to do calculations and analysis with some financial/accounting related data and information.
f. Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
g. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
h. Strong interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (100)
Incoming search terms:
- assistant cfo