This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
O.L. Lourdes Church (West Orange, NJ)
These are some areas we need covered in this part time position; must be comfortable working with our parish family/parishioners in a Catholic religious setting, estimated 24 hours per week, part time:
1. CHURCH PARISH BULLETIN COMPILING & EDITING Completion to a strict weekly deadline of 3-page parish bulletin (MS Word) with input from multiple membership groups, societies, ministries, and calendars within our local parish and archdiocese. Proofreading, editing, and skills with inserting text, copying and pasting from web site sources. Must be comfortable with MS-Word. Must be able to negotiate with individual groups to understand their interests.
2. CALENDAR Update/edit parish calendar for groups and individuals.
3. COMMUNICATION Telephone, E-mail, and In-person Communication with parishioners and visitors; taking messages, forwarding messages and emails; archiving messages and emails for future reference.
4. MEMORIAL DONATIONS Explaining memorials, donations to visitors.
5. DATA ENTRY Entry and tracking of charitable donations for tax record purposes for our members.
6. MAINTENANCE AND PARISH INFRASTRUCTURE – Assist pastor with tracking of information and communication including, but not limited to – (a) key inventory for the parish property (all 4 buildings); (b) visits by vendors and contractors; (c) Asbestos Management Plan oversight.
7. MAINTAIN FILES
8. Other Duties As Assigned.
• Microsoft Operating System, Windows 7 and Windows 8
• Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
• Proficiency with internet searches and search engines.
• Proficiency with spell check, grammar check in Microsoft Word.
• Proficiency with the adjustment of fonts, font sizes, Bold, Italics, Underlining in Microsoft Word; proficiency with pagination, creating new pages.
• Proficiency with sorting, subtotaling, totaling, and reporting in Microsoft Excel.
• Proficiency with e-mail, including archiving and organization of emails, updating of address books, forwarding, and replying, attaching and detaching documents related to emails.
• Must be able to work as part of a team, while both receiving – and seeking out – constructive criticism.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality (71)