This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Marianist Province of the United States (St. Louis, MO)
THE MARIANIST PROVINCE OF THE UNITED STATES
Title: Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Provincial and Assistant for Temporalities
LOCATION: West Pine Provincial Office St. Louis, MO FLSA: Nonexempt
Reports To: Assistant Provincial and Assistant for Temporalities
General Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support and related services to the Assistant Provincial, Assistant for Temporalities, the Director of Human Resources, and the professional staffs for the departments served. The Administrative Assistant performs general office procedures in order to assist the Assistant Provincial, the Assistant for Temporalities and the Director of Human Resources in completing the necessary administrative tasks of their work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Presents as a welcoming liaison between the Offices of the Assistant Provincial and Assistant for Temporalities and any Brother or individual contacting the Office.
2. Assists in organizing and planning biannual Provincial Chapter meetings, Director’s meetings, Aging with Grace Committee, Health Center Directors Committee, and other gathering as requested by the Assistants. This includes coordinating the site, travel for attendees, attending, transcribing, and distribution of meeting minutes.
3. Executes correspondence, reports, and communications as directed. Transcribes from dictation tapes.
4. Arranges driver tests with the CDRS – certified evaluators for Brothers over seventy-five and others as requested. This is reported to the Assistant for Temporalities.
5. Assists the Office Coordinator when necessary to contact outside skilled assistance or in the maintenance of the office equipment.
6. Recommends to the Office Coordinator items for purchase as needed.
7. Maintains operational files for the Offices served by the Assistants/Director as mentioned above.
8. Files and maintains the various health care documents, wills and other legal documents of the Province members.
9. Receives, reviews, sorts and prioritizes the mail as requested. Alerts appropriate officials of any items of particular significance. This includes electronic mail when requested.
10. Answers, screens and places calls for Assistants/Director as requested. Responds to calls requesting general information.
11. Coordinates appointments for Assistants/Director as requested.
12. Coverage for phones/receptionist desk as needed.
13. Coordinate coverage to the Provincial when the Assistant to the Provincial is out of the office.
14. Serves as account administrator for the Province cell phone account.
15. Serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Human Resources when needed.
16. Completes routine or special projects as assigned.
17. Assists with other tasks as needed by the Assistants/Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Appropriate level of secretarial experiences including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
2. Competent in electronic transcription.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to establish and rearrange priorities.
5. Experience with travel arrangements.
6. Possesses outstanding organizational skills, the ability to communicate complex issues, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision, beginning projects independently and bring them to a conclusion on a timely basis.
8. Requires attention to detail and be able to work under pressure of deadlines.
Work is generally in an indoor setting. Ability to travel alone by plane and car. Must be able to handle, lift objects and or materials of up to 20 pounds. Must be able to use telephone (hear and speak) and use a computer.
Lifting up to twenty pounds is essential for this position. Lifting weights above twenty pounds may be accommodated by seeking help from another co worker. Remainder of the physical demands listed above are essential to this position for which no reasonable accommodation can be made.
Work schedule Monday through Friday. 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends and travel might be required.
Job descriptions are not intended, nor should be construed, to be all inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefit package includes medical, dental, life, LTD, pension, paid holidays and paid time off.
Email by March 28 cover letter with resume and salary requirements to:
Marianist Province of the United States
4425 West Pine Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63108
[email protected] (101)
Incoming search terms:
- province of united states