This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Church of the Presentation (Stockton, CA)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Position Description: The Parish Administrative Assistant provides a diversity of responsible clerical support; communicates information, provides complete and accurate records; and provides information and/or direction as requested. This is not an entry level position and performs responsible confidential clerical support of a non-routine nature requiring frequent independent judgment.
Supervision: Office Manager
Compensation: The position is full time, non-exempt, health, dental, vacation, and retirement package.
• Provides administrative assistance as needed for Pastor, Ministry Team, Parish Councils, Parish School, internal ministry groups and other committees
• Assists with the day-to-day (phone and walk-in support) office workload to ensure the completion of activities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Documents and coordinates information technology needs and initiates requests for service with the third party vendor providing technical assistance. Provides computer software support for all staff members.
• Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g., Parish website, Annual Giving and Stewardship Program, Newsletters, BMA Appeal and other Diocesan programs) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
• Composes a variety of documents (e.g., pledge updates, end-of-year donation statements, bulletin inserts, liturgical newspaper ads and weekly donation reports) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in conformance with established guidelines.
• Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g., parish archives including photographs, brochures, council rosters, council meeting minutes and other documents) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines.
• Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g., letters, memorandums, agendas, meeting notifications, and meeting minutes) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parishioners, visitors, volunteers) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
• Participates in marketing and public relations activities, for projects or events by creating brochures, fliers and website updates.
• Provides administrative assistance to the Finance Council by assuming the preparation of the meeting agenda, scheduled meeting notifications, records and distributes meeting minutes and reports and coordinates hospitality.
• Initiates bulk mailings for Christmas, Easter, and other liturgical and non-liturgical events. Maintains bulk mail account balance and updates address lists.
• Edits and oversees the preparation of the bulletin to insure the proper layout and content of the publication. Creates the weekly “graphics page” and other sections of the bulletin as needed. In the absence of the Bulletin Editor, ensures the preparation and timely submission of the parish bulletin.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g., paper, envelopes, and office supplies) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
• Coordinates, creates and updates the monthly Presider’s Mass schedule working with the clergy; distributes as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Office Manager for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the parish office.
• The regular work week schedule for the position is 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday.
3. Requirements and Qualifications
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community or possesses the knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness.
• Ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under limited supervision using standardized practices or methods.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Desktop publishing; Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign), and Adobe PageMaker.
• Honor and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to recognize and honor diversity within the parish community.
• Associates Degree or five years of general administrative experience. (105)
Incoming search terms:
- duties of admin assistant