This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Everest Academy (Lemont, IL)
OUTSTANDING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR EVEREST ACADEMY (PK3-8, coed) Lemont, Illinois
The administrative assistant to the principal is responsible for greeting and directing guests to the school in a courteous and professional manner, as well as being responsible for all administrative assignments and clerical tasks assigned to her by the principal.
• Associate degree, secretarial school, or office administration certificate
• Minimum of five years of experience in office administration, preferably in an education center
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
• Excellent communication skills including email, telephone, writing, listening, and speaking
• Coordinating school events for the management and directive teams as guided by the principal
• Coordinating school calendar, management and directive team schedules, meetings, and conferences as guided by the principal
• Supporting the principal in effectively communicating the mission and vision of the school to the school community
• Supporting the principal in all secretarial tasks, such as school communications, reports, and submissions, etc.
• Coordinating and maintaining the directive team meetings, providing an agenda, and preparing minutes for all meetings
• Developing and maintaining all files in the office of the principal
• Developing and maintaining spreadsheets with regard to staff, students, families, admissions, academics, etc. that may be requested by the principal
• Screening telephone calls and visits to the office of the principal; welcoming visitors
Compensation DOE; excellent benefit package.
Everest Academy is owned and operated by the Legionaries in Christ with current enrollment of 221 and 27 professional Faculty and staff. The School is located in Lemont, IL, a southwestern suburb of Chicago. Lemont is a close knit community with a rich history. Lemont is home to 16,000 residents and is also an affluent and well educated community, with median household incomes far above the state average. (146)