This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant (AA) to provide administrative support to the Youth Ministry Office. The ideal candidate will ensure that the office functions effectively and efficiently. Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate as well as a proven track record in providing excellent customer service, using exceptional interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel; providing inputs and recommendations for consideration by management; achieving personal and team goals.
• Compiles and maintains financial records for Office events; prepares and submits vouchers for office and event expenditures; tracks and reconciles all accounts payable and receivable activity; invoices parishes and individuals for event participation and product purchases; and processes batches originating from the CDA lockbox using iMIS contact management software.
• Prepares expense reports for all Office staff members; maintains a current knowledge of Accounting Department requirements for reimbursement requests as well as own Office’s practices and procedures.
• Provides overall administrative and logistical support for office events coordinates and participates in event preparation meetings; supports other event planning team members by coordinating event registration; monitors contracts for event speakers and performers; manages event volunteers.
• May attend one or more daytime and overnight Office events such as: Work Camp, RALLY, Kick-Off, In-Services, annual Appreciation Mass and Dinner, Days of Reflection and BASH.
What We Require
• A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in office administration and clerical support in a business office highly desirable.
• An enthusiastic individual willing and capable of performing multiple functions and handling multiple priorities concurrently.
• Detail oriented.
• Pleasant phone manner and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Initiative, discretion, good judgment and an ability to work independently are especially important.
• Paid or voluntary youth ministry experience preferred
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to ATTN: Youth Ministry Administrative Assistant, [email protected] No phone calls please. (59)