This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Company (Clinton Township, MI)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
• Ability to converse in Arabic/Chaldean as well as English is preferred.
• Minimum Associate Degree in a related field required.
• Minimum three years office experience required.
• Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications and typing speed of 40wpm
• Must demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and approach challenging situations with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• Highly self-motivated; proactive in managing own accountabilities and performance assurance (e.g., attention to details).
• Knowledge of confidentiality on all matters involving clients and the Agency.
• Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Manage the internal office procedures related to record keeping and paperwork processing.
• Handle all case file processing prior to refugee arrivals including file preparation, data entry, etc. prior to and after case assignment.
• Oversee the processing of checks and related receipts and records according to guidelines and deadlines.
• Monitor the refugee arrival information and notifications ensuring accuracy and efficient response and communication with other staff and refugee hosting families.
• Manage the health screening referral process including updating the data base, communicating with the health screening provider, scheduling appointments, printing and filing related letters, reports, etc.
• Review documents in closed files ensuring all required documents are filed appropriately
• Maintain a client database and prepare mas mailings as needed.
• Oversee that the office facilities are in working condition, including, telephone and voice mail systems, fax machines, office equipment, and other office systems, by contacting vendors, contractors, building management, and other service providers as needed.
• Establishes and monitors the inventory of office supplies and equipment, orders supplies as needed and within the established budget and approval process.
• Print and update forms, orientation materials and other related documents
• Assist with front desk coverage when needed
• Assist with preparing for CCSEM’s community-wide activities and events that promote the goals and objectives of the program.
• Adhere to and support all CCSEM policies and its funding sources guidelines and contract provisions.
• Maintain confidentiality of refugee families and fellow staff members
• Other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor (58)