Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Denver (Denver, CO)
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries (OEFLM) is to provide outstanding proactive administrative support to the Executive Director and, by extension, to the entire office in areas concerning evangelization, catechesis, marriage, natural family planning, family life, youth ministry, young adult ministry, and campus ministry.
The Administrative Assistant must give report to the Executive Director concerning more important matters, both those yet to be attended to and those already dealt with.
Serve the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries in strengthening families and evangelizing people both in and out of the pews while helping parishes to be successful in doing the same. This is done through tasks including the following:
~ Serve as the first face and voice of the office in answering phones and greeting guests to the OEFLM.
~ Provide superior service and support to anyone reaching out to the OEFLM by always offering more than is requested, providing basic hospitality (i.e., offering coffee or water to guests), and constantly looking for opportunities to strengthen relationships with those who reach out to the OEFLM.
~ Direct callers and visitors to existing resources and information on the Archdiocese of Denver’s website.
~ Transcribe and organize notes from parish visits and staff meeting, and compile and distribute the notes to appropriate parties.
~ Type reports, schedules, meeting minutes, letters, correspondence and any other requested documents.
~ Organize and schedule meetings for Executive Director. Assist with meetings and events by reserving rooms, taking meeting minutes, preparing copies if needed, setting up for meetings, refreshments, and ordering catering.
~ As needed, coordinate and schedule meetings for OEFLM staff at parishes and deaneries.
~ Maintain and order office supplies.
~ Maintain and distribute high-level master calendar, and make sure dates and event information is up to date on office website.
~ Process invoices and payments for events and programs.
~ Maintain a Ministry resource library by tracking materials/media, requests from parishes for additional information.
~ Respond to routine requests for information, either verbally or written, in a timely manner.
~ Maintain communications with all parishes and their respective offices with information from the Office through email, website, social media, and phone calls.
~ Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets reflecting the status of certain department responsibilities and projects to include assisting in budget development, tracking and reconciling expenses and the department budget.
~ Assist in the planning and coordinate department related events and programs as directed.
~ Process all department mail; performs all department filing system functions and provides for maintenance of same.
~ Process, or assist registration processes for any conferences/workshops presented by the office.
~ Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or as the position develops, and assists with special projects as necessary. Help create and develop the position to provide the optimum level of support to the office and ministry.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
~ Be in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043).
~ Refrain from promotion of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
~ HS graduate or equivalent, associate or undergraduate degree preferred.
~ 4-5 years of assistance or program coordination experience. Experience working in a customer service and/or ministerial capacity preferred.
~ Be flexible in the face of change and/or conflict.
~ Possess superior organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidence regarding all information and issues addressed under this position, in the department and all other ecclesiastically related entities of the Archdiocese of Denver.
~ Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
~ Strong organizational skills and proficiency with PC and Mac applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc. are required. Experience with WordPress preferred.
~ Possess an ability to:
• Maintain all written and verbal work products in the strictest confidence, never assume someone knows something and never be afraid to say “I don’t know, I can find out and get back to you”.
• Consider alternative courses of action and select the best one; tackle problems or issues directly and make decisions in a timely manner; exercise sound business judgment. Consistently perform all job duties with a high degree of accuracy while meeting necessary deadlines.
• Establish regular check points to prevent problems; take constructive timely action to remedy problems and consistently meet quality standards and deadlines;
• Establish rapport, putting people at ease; show genuine interest in others’ needs and feelings at appropriate times;
• Adjust constructively and flexibly to meet the requirements of different work situations; maintain patience, confidence and composure under pressure or adverse circumstances without compromising the timely completion of job duties;
• Present a positive professional image;
• Communicate clearly, confidently and patiently;
• Compose and proofread confidential correspondence, forms, tables and charts is required.
~ Visual acuity both near and far, some travel involved, manual dexterity with good eye/hand coordination, good hearing, speech and the ability to operate computer and mouse, copier, fax machine, printer and telephone. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- administrative assistant church denver co
- Archdiocese of Denver Deaneries
- catholic js in denver