Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Good Shepherd Catholic Church (Alexandria, VA)
Good Shepherd Catholic Church has an immediate opening for a full time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, supporting parishioners, volunteers, and visitors. This position requires excellent customer service skills to collaborate with parishioners and staff to manage the Front Desk and workroom. If you enjoy a fast paced and collaborative environment this is an opportunity to use your administrative and customer service skills. Health, vacation and sick benefits are available.
Hours are Monday thru Friday from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and occasional weekend work.
• Create and maintain a warm, welcoming atmosphere for parishioners and visitors;
• Manage Mass Intentions Book;
• Data entry;
• Workroom support.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish required;
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proficiency with computer skills in Office Products such as Word, Excel and Publisher;
• General knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgies and sacraments;
• Self-starter who takes pride in his/her accomplishments, works well under pressure and manage a variety of projects;
• Ability to collaborate effectively as part of extended teams.
• Undergraduate degree
• Will consider relevant experience.
A review of qualified applicants will begin immediately. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed work and education resume to: Brenda Caballero, Parish Secretary (Email: [email protected]). Applications must be received by September 15, 2014 (0)
Incoming search terms:
- good shepherd catholic church alexandria va