This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology (Berkeley, CA)
The position of Administration Manager is ideal for someone who wishes to bring an innovative spirit to this endeavor. The Administration Manager provides critical administrative support to school faculty, staff and students and ensures that the day to day operations of the school run smoothly.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable, independent and outgoing self-starter. The candidate must possess strong organization skills and be able to multi-task. Some evening and weekend work is required to manage school events but time off in lieu is given.
The deadline for applications for this position is February 28, 2014.
For the full job description visit www.dspt.edu/employment. Health and pension benefits are provided.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent customer service and commitment to student, faculty and staff satisfaction and success
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Computer literate, especially in word-processing, e-mail, and data input. Experience in current Windows, Office, Excel, and Outlook required. Experience in PowerPoint, Access, Colleague, InDesign, and web publication software is an asset.
Knowledge of the use and simple troubleshooting of office equipment
Experience working with websites advantageous
Experience coding vendor invoices for payment and producing basic financial reports in Excel.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends for events (as needed).
Ability to lift and carry items up to twenty (20) pounds.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Administration Manager are outlined below.
Managing Student Staff
- Hire and create schedules for student workers
- Supervise student workers
- Develop and implement Facilities use policies
- Receive and track Facilities use requests from DSPT community and outside groups
- Request insurance of outside groups using school facilities for events.
- Manage Facilities calendar
- Manage emergency and safety procedures for the campus
- Manage office equipment
- Negotiate contracts for new equipment
- Train faculty, staff and students on use office equipment
- Troubleshoot technical and user problems with office equipment
- Provide administrative support to staff and faculty as needed
- Assist Development Director with solicitation and Christmas card mailings
-Provide back up for processing gift checks into Raiser’s Edge when student workers are unavailable.
- Assist the Senior Staff by coordinating events at the school
- Set-up facilities for events
- Develop a ground plan for the event
- Manage students in space and facilities set-up and break-down for school events
- Coordinate set-up and break-down with AV crew
-Coordinate students for reception food, set-up, service, and clean-up for events at the school
- Assist the Registrar to organize Fall and Spring Orientation and Graduation
- Participate in the Event Management team for the Alemany dinner
- Arrange catering for the annual College of Fellows convocation.
School Outlook Calendars
- Manage and post items on Events, Facilities Use, Academic and Administrative calendars in Outlook
- Sync Outlook and Google calendars.
Assist the VP of Finance & Operations with the following activities:
- Processing vendor invoices and check requests
- Update spreadsheet of each department’s operational spending on a quarterly basis.
Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Work with Facilities Manager to ensure the building and common areas are functioning, clean & safe:
- Manage and schedule student janitorial and facilities staff
- Schedule routine and emergency maintenance and inspections
- Maintain list of vendors, inspectors, contractors, etc.
- Maintain schedule of facilities and maintenance needs.
Internal DSPT Communication
- Collect announcements from staff, faculty, other GTU newsletters, local parish and Dominican groups
- Send weekly email to students, faculty and staff about upcoming events, deadlines, and other important information
- Maintain campus bulletin boards.
- Assist the Director of Communications with updates of the academic and student resources pages of the DSPT website including :
- Maintain academic calendar and course syllabi pages each semester
- Assist Academic Dean and Registrar to ensure that all student forms and documents are uploaded to the website
- Create and update webpages to ensure forms, program information, student resources / events, faculty and staff resources are current
- Maintain the DSPT Amazon bookstore. (141)