This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ACADEMIC AND COLLEGE COUNSELOR (FULL-TIME)
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Padua Academy (Wilmington, DE)
Padua Academy, a four year, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young women located in Wilmington, Delaware has an opening for the following position: Academic/College Counselor.
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with high school girls in an educational setting.
- A committed and respectful support of the Catholic faith.
- Experience with academic goal setting, time-management, study skills, test-taking strategies, academic and career planning. – Advanced knowledge of standardized testing.
- Experience with one-on-one counseling, preferably with high-school aged girls – A skilled ability to multi-task and handle critical situations as they arise.
- A working knowledge of and adherence to the ethical standards of the
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of office-based computer software, including Word,
Excel, Google Drive, Powerpoint, etc.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing a caseload of approximately 160 students from 9th-12th grades. – Assisting students in course selections, academic planning, career and college
planning, and standardized testing.
- Providing students with appropriate referrals when necessary. – Consulting and collaborating with parents/guardians, teachers,
administrators, and other educational professionals.
- Participating in professional development as related to the position. – Adhering to Padua’s policies and procedures in relation to the students,
parents, and the Catholic faith.
- Collecting, reviewing and interpreting test results and other student data to
enhance and amend current programs.
- Writing letters of recommendation.
- Researching and maintaining a resource list of summer programs,
internships, and research opportunities.
- Presenting relevant information to students and parents in individual, small
and large group settings.
- Other duties as required by the position and/or school.
Please submit resume/cv and cover letter via mail or email to:
Director of College Advisement and Guidance
905 N. Broom Street
Wilmington, DE 19806 [email protected] (105)