Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Organization (Napa, CA)
Kolbe Academy, a private, Catholic school and home school program in Napa, California, is seeking a full-time Academic Advisor for the home school program. This position is responsible for most aspects of assisting home schooling families, including the following:
• Fielding questions via phone, e-mail and online forum re: curriculum, educational philosophy, instructional techniques, college preparation, etc.
• Processing registrations and preparing instructional materials
• Assessing quarterly progress of students by reviewing and commenting on work samples
• Preparing grade records, transcripts and diplomas
• Developing/revising curriculum materials
• Traveling to home-school conferences and speaking to prospective parents regarding Kolbe’s program and curriculum
Qualified applicants must possess a commitment to the Roman Catholic Church and home-based education. A bachelor’s degree is highly desirable. Also very desirable is either experience with home schooling or having been home-schooled. Knowledge of the classics is highly desirable, as our program uses an original source material, “Great Books” type approach in high school. Required computer skills include comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. IT or web programming experience is a definite plus, as is fluency in Spanish. Candidates must be practicing Catholics willing to take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium and to make a Profession of Faith. Position includes medical and dental benefits. Salary DOE. Requires re-location to Napa area.
Interested candidates should submit a resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant academic, professional and personal references. In addition to your educational background and any homeschooling/teaching experience you possess, please include a list of the subjects in which you are capable of providing specialized instruction and/or curriculum development.
Kolbe Academy is a private, Catholic home school program offering a classically-based education based on Ignatian principles and the principle of subsidiarity. Kolbe has been educating and forming young minds and souls since 1980. Kolbe Academy does not discriminate in its employment practices in regards to gender, race, national or ethnic origin, or handicap.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to:
1600 F Street
Napa, CA 94559
Fax – 707-255-1581
e-mail – ebuyarski[at]kolbe.org
Visit us at www.kolbe.org. (0)