5TH GRADE TEACHER
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
St. Martin de Porres School (Oakland, CA)
Fifth Grade Teacher (Full Time)
St. Martin de Porres Catholic School seeks a highly motivated and experienced Fifth Grade Teacher. St. Martin de Porres is a regional Catholic school of the Diocese of Oakland, which operates on two campuses and is lead by a three-person administrative team that includes the President, Principal, and Dean of Students. The K-5 campus is located at Sacred Heart Parish 675 41st Street and the Middle School is located is located at St. Patrick’s Parish 1630 10th Street.
The mission of St. Martin de Porres is to serve the families of North and West Oakland and beyond by providing a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and multi-cultural educational experience. St. Martin de Porres School welcomes and includes all, regardless of means or religious affiliation, who are committed to bettering our children, our families, our community and our world.
The Fifth Grade teacher is responsible for teaching all fifth grade subjects. The curriculum includes reading, language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, religion and other subjects as designated.
• Experience with urban and multi-cultural communities
• Elementary teaching experience and a California Teaching Credential
• Understanding of fifth grade curriculum and child development
• Teaches fifth grade subjects utilizing state standards and adopted common core curriculum
• Instructs students in Religion integrating catholic identity and religious practices into the curriculum
• Uses a variety of instructional strategies and assessments, differentiation, and monitoring of student success
• Develops lesson plans, instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior that create a positive classroom environment and support the school climate
• Evaluates student academic and social growth
• Supervision of students in and outside of the classroom
• Establishes and maintains positive communication with parents
This is a full-time teaching position. Salary is based upon the Diocesan Scale and depends on qualifications and experience. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- st martin de porres catholic school