Try to guess the answer before you read below and see if you can’t figure it out.
What is the #1 predictor of whether a child is incarcerated later in life?
What might it be:
- Drug use?
- Bad grades in school / education?
- Something else?
**The #1 predictor for whether a child will ultimately spend time in prison is whether they grew up in a single-parent home (you can safely read this as “single mother”, which the vast majority of single-parent homes are).
**Another study uncovered the following statistic – In 1996, 70% of inmates in state juvenile detention centers serving long sentences, were raised by single mothers. Source.
**“After controlling for single motherhood, the difference between black and white crime rates disappeared.”
In other words, the higher crime-rate problems in minority communities can be directly linked to the crisis in single motherhood, which is caused by a crisis in fatherhood.
In other words, there is a crisis in true masculinity being overcome by mix of selfish machismo and radical feminism.
- Girls raised without fathers in the home are more sexually promiscuous, and more likely to end up divorced.
- 70% of teen births occur to girls in single mother homes.
- 86% of American teen births are out of wedlock.
- America has more than twice as many teenage births as other developed nations.
- 70% of drop-outs, and 70% of teen suicides come from single mother homes.
They are leaving. Why? Because masculinity is dying a quick death. It is attacked from all sides, for example:
- Radical feminists say that being masculine is anti-woman.
- The feminized man is highly-esteemed in Western culture.
- Fathers are portrayed as blundering idiots in media.
It doesn’t help that some non-Western cultures (e.g., China , Muslim countries, etc) revere machismo to the detriment of women, just as our own did not so long ago. This is a false masculinity which is truly harmful to women and girls.
So, what is a man to do? Our modern world swings between two extremes that both tear down true masculinity – on the one side is the overly-macho lie and on the other is the emasculated feminization of masculinity.
The answer lies in the root of the problem, which started “in the beginning.”
Adam was given the commission by God to “to cultivate and care for” the Garden of Eden and all that was in it (Gen 2:15). Adam messed up soon after. He fails to protect his wife, because he is a coward. He then blames his wife and in doing so he relinquishes his masculinity. Notice that after giving up his masculinity he quickly falls into lusting after his wife, which is why they have to cover themselves – to protect themselves from the lust of the other.
We still suffer from the same issues.
The modern man has also relinquished his masculinity by failing to have self-control. The modern man is an emasculated macho fool who has given in to his pornified passions and lives a sterile and contracepted life – he bears no fruit, literally and figuratively.
These issues are not only killing masculinity, they are also killing women and their femininity. Because only when masculinity is truly lived properly will femininity flourish – and vice-versa.
So, where do we start? We start with discovering what masculinity is NOT:
- A man is not emasculated ninny.
- Neither is a man a testosterone infused bag of passions.
- A man is this -> one who desperately seeks to follow in the footsteps of THE MAN.
- He will be courageous in the face of danger.
- He will fight for and maintain self control.
- He will put to death his lusts.
- He will be in control of his emotions and yet not afraid of them.
- He will find himself in losing himself.
- He is humble, but sure of the gifts God has given him.
- He is gentle when he should be and rough when necessary.
- He is a man of strength of character and his word means something.
- He fulfills his promises.
- He isn’t ashamed of his Lord or either of his mothers.
- He will put life in the proper order –
1 – God;
2 – His wife (if he has one);
3 – His children (if he has them)
4 – Others;
5 – Himself
- A man isn’t afraid of his masculine traits, but embraces them as a gift from God. He doesn’t abuse them, but understands the way to use them in service of God and others.
Fix fatherhood – fix the family.
Fix the family – fix the culture.
Heavenly Father help fathers here on earth! (0)